Friday 20 January 2017

really?

Do you know the types of people who only contact you when they need something? You don't hear from them for days, weeks or sometimes even months. Or you'll eventually get a call out of the blue not to find out how things are, but ONLY to ask for a favour.
To be honest, there are some individuals in my social circle who never talk to me on a personal level. And then- whenever they need help with something, that's only when they contact me through Facebook or texting. And they don't even ask how I'm doing either. As soon as I give them help or provide them with an answer- that's when the conversation ends. I try to follow up with a "So how've you been doing?" or something of that sort, but it usually doesn't end up going anywhere because their intention, really, was to just get out an answer from me (sigh).
That's pretty much the unfortunate truth of society.
I don't know about you guys, but I have the maximum respect for people who actually ask me how I feel or how I've been doing. People who show interest in me instead of simply using my knowledge and resources to help themselves.


1 comment:

  1. Remember our lesson about small talk? It is sometimes called the social lubricant (a substance that makes things move smoothly and easily). Brits tend to be real masters of that difficult skill - those "friends" of yours are definitely not.

    ReplyDelete